About the author
An educator, playwright, theatre artist, and poet, Robert Michael Oliver has lived an eclectic life since moving to Washington 30 years ago after earning his MFA in Directing from Virginia Tech. Co-founder of DC’s Sanctuary Theatre, Michael served as its artistic director through the early 1990s. He then worked at The New School of Northern Virginia as High School Director and Director of its theatre program. Now, with both his children independent, young adults, and after earning his doctorate in Theatre and Performance Studies at the University of Maryland in 2005, he has recommitted himself to the arts. In 2010 he began the Sanctuary’s Performing Knowledge Project. Its one-man show, “Embodying Poe: Poetry in Performance,” which Michael wrote and performed, premiered at the 2011 Capital Fringe Festival. A long time participant in Washington’s theatre scene, he was delighted to be the Editor, DC Metro area for the Maryland Theatre Guide for a few years.
MD THEATRE GUIDE (RECENT POSTS)
- Theatre News: Epic Brings Broadway To Pikesville
- Theatre News: Baltimore’s Vagabond Players: at 100, Still True to Its Mission
- Video: MD Theatre Guide ‘Mind Reading Cat Promo’
- Theatre Review: ‘Dogfight’ at Keegan Theatre
- News: CUA Presents the Jane Pesci-Townsend Excellence in Music Theatre Fund Fall Kickoff!
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM, September 6, 2015 – Greater Tuna opens 100th Season at Vagabond Players
- 4:45 PM – 8:00 PM, September 8, 2015 – Save up to $60 on Musical Theater Classes
- 4:45 PM – 8:00 PM, September 9, 2015 – Save up to $60 on Musical Theater Classes
- 4:45 PM – 8:00 PM, September 10, 2015 – Save up to $60 on Musical Theater Classes
- 4:45 PM – 9:00 PM, September 11, 2015 – Save up to $60 on Musical Theater Classes