Free Fall Baltimore celebrates its seventh year by bringing wonderful free cultural activities to your doorstep. With more than 300 unique events scheduled, you’ll be able to find an exciting activity on almost every day in October. Free Fall is a program of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts (BOPA), the city’s non-profit special event and arts agency. BOPA champions the important role of creativity in building a vibrant, exciting and livable city, energizing not just the arts scene, but Baltimore as a whole.
All activities listed on Free Fall Baltimore website are free and with nine different categories of cultural happenings there is something and more for everyone!
Free Fall Baltimore has a lot to offer in the Theatre category!
AUDREY HERMAN SPOTLIGHTERS THEATRE is offering a variety of Performances and Workshops:
Bus Stop by William Inge – Spotlighters Theatre offers limited complimentary tickets on each date below to Bus Stop, a drama telling the story of relationships developing among a group of people stranded in a café by a snowstorm.
Fri Oct 19 & 26 8pm, Sat Oct 20 & 27 8pm, Sun Oct 14, 21 & 28 2pm
Improv & Comedy Show
Enjoy the improv comedy of DROP 3.
Sat Oct 20 11pm
Workshops: Intro to Acting Methods
Sat Oct 20 10am – 2pm
Intro to Comedy and Improv
Sat Oct 27 10am – 2pm
BALTIMORE PERFORMANCE KITCHEN is offering Healing Wars and Red Flags
Healing Wars – Oct 15 – 26 8pm
Mobtown Ballroom – 861 Washington Blvd.
Red Flags – Oct 24 – Nov 4, Wed – Sat 7:30pm, Sun 2:30pm
Arena Players – 801 McCulloh Street
IN-FLIGHT THEATER is offering For That Which Returns
Wed Oct 31 3pm – Performance; Workshop – 4:30pm
THEATRE ACTION GROUP (TAG) is offering An Interactive Dialogue on Race and Privilege in Baltimore’s Arts Community
Sun Oct 28
1pm – 3pm – (Part 1) Interactive Performance Dialogue
3pm – 4pm – Light Refreshments/Break
4pm – 7pm – (Part 2) Workshop: Participants Devise Original Pieces
THEATRE MORGAN OF MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
For Colored Girls - Thurs Oct 25 7:30pm
One Mic – Spoken Word and Performance - Wed Oct 24 6pm
Next to Normal - Sun Oct 21 2pm
Additional cultural categories and some example events:
- Arts, like a treasure hunt in the AMARANTHINE MUSEUM
- Dance, try Contra and Square Dancing at the BALTIMORE FOLK MUSIC SOCIETY Free Fall For Kids, choose a drum circle with the World Rhythm Drum Circus at the PORT DISCOVERY CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
- History, try the BALTIMORE HERITAGE tour of Historic Jewish Landmarks
- Readings, pick the ENOCH PRATT FREE LIBRARY reading by Deborah Roffman discussing her new book Talk to Me First: Everything You Need to Know to Become Your Kids’ “Go-to Person” about Sex
- Music, enjoy An Evening of Music & Dance fat the CONTEMPORARY ARTS, INC
- Special Events, go on a Halloween parade at The Charles Street Fall Festival, hosted by the HISTORIC CHARLES STREET ASSOCIATION
- Workshops, the EMP COLLECTIVE Cans n Drafts Fall Writing Workshops gives you the opportunity to read your written work in public
Free Fall Baltimore encourages everyone to do something new this month, take a chance, you might like it, and it’s all for free there is nothing to lose! Click here for Free Fall Baltimore’s website for a full listing of events and for more information.